Service Date: March 1901
Station Number 120
Capps was at the top of the 1.75% grade coming north out of Harrison. Tracklaying on the St. Louis & North Arkansas Railroad reached this point in March 1901, and it became the supply point for the tracklaying train between there and Harrison. It had a 27-car siding that served a canning factory. There was no depot or shelter at Capps, just a cinder platform and a mail crane to serve the nearby post office at the Capps Store. The canning factory burned down sometime in the 1940s but was still listed as an on-line customer in the 1944 timetable. The canning factory shipped canned produce in railroad boxcars in season, using produce brought to the factory in wagons from nearby orchards and farms.